Summer Travel Program
Seeing a need for a competitive lacrosse summer travel program rooted in lacrosse fundamentals, fitness & competitive spirit, AROSE THE LIZARDS! The Lizards is a summer travel program for advanced lacrosse players with a desire to advance their fitness, skills & Lacrosse IQ.
The cornerstone of our success is experienced & proven coaching; instilling the fundamental concepts of lacrosse, while at the same time integrating advanced offensive & defensive plays/strategies. Our core pillars begin with the foundation of hard work, passion, teamwork, sportsmanship & camaraderie amongst Lizard players, coaches & families. We will deliver a premier lacrosse experience that makes Lizards a quality & affordable investment (time & money) in your kids lacrosse future.
The Lizards Player will...
- Be passionate & competitive
- Work hard to develop skills both at practice & at home
- Demonstrate sportsmanship and teamwork at all times
- Dedicate themselves to learning all aspects of the game of lacrosse
- Be a Leader & believe in T-E-A-M
- Be On Time for all practices & games (on time = 15 minutes early)
Lizards Summer season will kick off on Tuesday, May 12th. Practices will be held every Tuesday & Thursday evening from 6-8pm. Pleasers will be expected to be ready to start practice promptly @ 6pm. Practices are scheduled for Estero High School fields. We will participate in 3 tournaments, listed below. If there is a desire to add a 4th tournament, we can do so at a later time.
The Lizards are dedicated to improving individual skills, as well as team dynamics. Faceoff Specialist, John Sullivan will lead the teams Faceoff Academy, while we also provide Goalie work with drills from Bill Pilat's "The Goalie School".
Lizards Lacrosse will offer every player the opportunity to take their game & fitness to higher levels with fitness & speed training from 20 time Ironman, All-World ranked athlete & Level 2 Coach, Angie Ferguson. This training is optional, only serious athletes may attend, and will be held every Wednesday @ Cypress Lake HS track.
Program Director: Todd Schulz
Director of Coaching: Rich Lewton
Faceoff Specialist: John Sullivan
Registration is $425. Each player will receive:
- Sublimated jersey, shorts & a shooter shirt
- 12 practices with top coaches
- Fitness & Speed training from 20 time Ironman Athlete & Level 2 Coach Angie Ferguson, starting May 13th.
- 3 Tournaments
- Experienced & proven coaches
- Offensive strategies & plays; full strength & Man Up
- Defensive techniques; Footwork, positioning, Man to Man, Zone & Man Down
To Register go to "REGISTER NOW" on home page. Find the team and register. Please have US Lacrosse # ready for registration. Also be sure to answer the jersey, short and tshirt sizes, as well as preferred jersey Number. Jersey #'s are not guaranteed and will be on a first come first serve basis for this initial season.